Thursday, March 29, 2012

ODBD Alumni Team Love of Easter Sets Blog Hop!

Welcome to Our Daily Bread Design's Alumni Team's bi-monthly For the Love Blog Hop. This week the Alumni team along with some of the ODBD designers are featuring a hop for the For the Love of ODBD Easter Sets! Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, go to the ODBD blog for the full link list. One of the post is a hop hot spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $15 ODBD store gift certificate. So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love! You have until Wednesday, April 11th at 6 pm. The winner will be announced April 12th! So, get hopping and enjoy all the Easter inspiration using For the Love of ODBD Easter Sets!

If you arrived here from Kathy's blog you are in the right spot! If not, head over to the ODBD blog for a full link list.

I decided to work with the Daffodil Tag Set pictured below...



And my project this week...



I used a simple ecru card stock base. I then cut a matching doily die with the leftover card stock. I added a soft polka dotted DP panel at the bottom and edged it with a soft daffodil seam binding my dear friend Sabrina sent me along with soft cream flower trim. A wooden button and hemp string tied through hide the seams. I split my doily in two adhering one half to the top panel and one below. I stamped two Daffodil Tag Set images on Copic compatible card stock and colored both. After stamping a sentiment I chose Spellbinders' Small Labels to emboss and cut my tag. I then cut out one of the daffodil images and used dimensional foam to adhere to the original image. I the tag on my card and added Stardust Stickles to each daffofil for interest. A few random pearls scattered on the doily top it off! I just love yellow! Don't you??

Now next on the hop is Rosemary. She has a wonderful project to share! Thanks so much for hopping along with us! Blessings!

Supplies
Stamps - ODBD Daffodil Tag Set
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Paper - Bazzill, Neenah, Echo Park's A Boy's Life
Dies - Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry; Spellbinders Small Labels
Seam Binding, Flower Trim, Stickles - Stardust, Pearls - Recollections, Hemp Twine, Wood Button

50 comments:

Patti J said...

Lori, this is beautiful - that yellow just pops! Thanks for sharing :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Gorgeous golden tones and fresh and pretty design!

Becky said...

What a beautiful design. I just love this tag set,

Francie G. said...

Bright and beautiful! This just makes me smile, it is so fresh and cheerful! Beautiful, beautiful! Hope you have a beautiful day!

Rosemary said...

love, love, love this beautiful card, lori!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card makes me think of Easter's as a child and dressing up for church...love these colors and the polk a dots. I love this tag set!

Nancy said...

I love the way you used this set. I own this one too. Such beautiful spring feel to your card! Thanks for the inspiration.

Tami B. said...

How pretty. You ladies are really hitting it out of the park today with your beautiful creations.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so beautiful! I love how simple and clean it is. The colors are gorgeous, the doily, seam binding and that fabulous strim are just so pretty!

Tam said...

Nice! so fresh and sunny!

Nan G said...

Love the yellow and cream! A stunning card.

Tricia T said...

That cream flower trim is just luscious! What a beautiful card!

Clare said...

Absolutely jaw-dropping beautiful! I love everything about this card, from the detail, to the colors, to the flowers, to the tag!

Anonymous said...

love it the tag is very pretty.

JD/ Jill said...

Oh, this is a "WOW" card...with that beautiful pop of Yellow color.

Anita Braddock said...

Wow how Gorgeous this card is.
Love Love the doily Die. ant adding the pattern paper lets your Awesome flowers and Ribbon shine love the Blessing on your Tag. love the Blending of your colors on your flowers.
thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Lori...What a BEAUTY, I love the bright cheery spring colours..Wow Hun!! Awesome!! Hugz

Jackie W. said...

Very pretty! The yellow is soooo spring-y. Love the bow and doily. TFS

Queen Mary said...

Beautiful card, love the tag and I love how you've used it here!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous and just so beautifully elegant, Lori! Love the hues of soft yellows! I must get me some of that floral trim...stunning touch!

Dawn said...

Perfection, Lori! beautiful, love the colors and design!

Grace said...

Lori this is sooo pretty! I am really yellow happy this spring.... and this card is so crisp and clean... I'm in love!!!
hugs,
Grace

Christine said...

Your card is stunning! It just sings of spring. Thanks for the inspiration. You have given me new ideas!

Mary B. said...

I love this card. The colors are great. It is simple yet so elegant. Just beUtiful.

Becky said...

WOW....I love the yellow polka dots and the doily is gorgeous! Your bow's not too shabby either, lol! Beautiful creation!!!

lorrayneingram said...

Love the yellow and the flower stamp

craftymom205 said...

Lovely Card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Leanne said...

Beautiful!Love this tag stamp.

Betty said...

Yes, I love yellow! Your card is beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Very stunning....great colors for Easter....nice job!

Vickie ODell said...

I wondered how someone might use that tag set. What a beautiful idea with the white and soft yellow. I love the way you pop dotted the daffodils on your tag. Great inspiration!

Encourage Ink Words said...

So pretty! It reminds me of an Easter Frock I had as a girl, my mother made it for me so it was very special. So is your card.

Sherry Kushibab said...

A sweet and lovely card! those flowers are so soft and look perfect with the ribbon and doily. Great way to highlight the sentiment with that fab daffodil corner stamp.

Kathi said...

This is so pretty! It really says Easter and spring to me! I love the flowers and your ribbon is just beautiful!

Shelia said...

beautiful coloring on this clean and crisp card. Love the tag and all the details.

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Lori!!! So bright, fresh and cheerful!!!

Tina Norman said...

What a lovely fresh bright card. Your design is so cheery I love it. Thank you so much for sharing ALL of your designs I enjoy hopping along not just today but everyday

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS! Those ribbon flowers are amazing!

Sherry said...

beautiful!! so fresh and springy!!

Unknown said...

Fresh and beautiful! Love the yellow :)

Sonia said...

What a wonderful card! I love all the elements you used. This is so springy and so cheerful- love it!

Rozy said...

Your card is full of lovely texture. I want to touch it! Great choice of colors. You did a great job coloring a very pretty stamp.

Charlotte Ann said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the doily treatment, and that yummy yellow paper and bow! Really like the addition of the soft cream flower trim you used with the white/yellow color combo.

Pati said...

Very pretty, love the yellows, springy! Love your tag, how you trimmed it and love your ribbons, very pretty!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Lori girl, you are such an artist! I love everything you create! You make it look so easy.....do you give lessons?! Blessings, Angie

E. Marie said...

Lori, this is so beautiful. Love the way you split the doily and the tag is wonderful. So is that flower trim.

Sue D said...

Beautiful! I like the doily and the polka dots and the lovely bow treatment.

Jacqy said...

Your card is so sweet. I love the use of the button. Great idea. Adds a real cute element to your design. Your color combination is great. This is one really cute card. Thanks for sharing such a clever and cute card. Just loved it.

Vicky said...

Your card is so elegant yet so simple. Love the yelllow ribbon.
Vicky

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...