Friday, April 7, 2017

The Road

Have you ever wondered why getting to a destination seems to take so much longer than the return trip home?  Maybe, it is the anticipation of sleeping in your own bed...  getting clothing out of your own furniture... or the familiarity and order of the things in your home.  You don't have to go on a seek and find mission to find the coffee maker.  You don't have to unpack and hang up clothes in a strange closet.  You don't have to worry whether you might have a hair dryer, ironing board and iron.  There is continuity, a certain sameness to the routine and the items that surround me.  An order, if you will, that allows me to feel comfortable...  at home.  Over the years, I have befriended people who offered the same comfort and familiarity.  I know I can stop by their home, dial their number or see them out and about and we can take up where we last left off.  The road to their house is never long...   you just have to find it again...

Blessings...

Today's card features a few new items from Our Daily Bread Designs
including the To My Friend stamp set...


and the set...


I chose a clean and simple design for this one.  I started with a white card stock base and cut a slightly smaller aqua CS mat.  I used ODBD's Pierced Rectangles Die to created the sentiment and image panel.  I stamped both images with a soft aqua and olive green ink before adding the sentiment in black.  It may be a cleaner sample than I normally do.  But sometimes you need a cleaner outlook!  TFL!


1 comment:

Esther Asbury said...

I always struggle with CAS cards, but you obviously have it down! I love your pretty pastel card and the sentiment!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...