Wednesday, June 14, 2017

~ Boho Mr. & Mrs. ~

Sometimes you find something so cute that you just have to try creating it again!  Last week I shared a card featuring a few new products from Our Daily Bread Designs.  Well I loved the card SO much I decided to create a similar card with an entirely different technique.  I love finding new ways to incorporate the items I have in my stash.  And this time, I found a fun new way to use the Scalloped Chain Die.  I also used the Mr. & Mrs. Die and Long Lasting Love stamp set (again).  That's a sure sign of something infinitely useful in my stash!  ;-) 

Really, it isn't nearly as complicated as it looks.  I started with a rich eggplant card stock base.  I added a slightly smaller white card stock layer, distressing the edges.  For the next layer, I used the Scalloped Chain Die and white card stock.  After die cutting, I adhered the die cut to a layer of white card stock and inked both the scalloped chain die and white background in graduated distress ink colors.  For this project I used a purple, ocean blue and teal color.  After inking it to the desired intensity, I trimmed the bottom layer (now inked) to fit neatly under the die cut.  Here is a photo of the completed base.  But notice what is different?  After inking, I FLIPPED the die cut so the color spectrum would be reversed and ADDED back the white center pieces with glue.  :-)  Here's a photo AFTER flipping and before adding anything else!

Then I could get down to business and dress up this baby!  I added a white sentiment mat (created with ODBD's Ovals Die) and focal panel (in a rich purple) using the Layered Lacey Ovals Die.  The NEW Mr. & Mrs. Die and a bit of teal CS create the center die cut.  I added a few white CS posies (frosted with glitter on the edges) using ODBD's Pretty Posies Die and Lovely Leaves Die.  I stamped the sentiment with a soft teal ink on white card stock (Long Lasting Love stamp set) and die cut it using an old favorite, Layered Lacey Ovals Die.  And for a bit more bling, I added clear micro beads in the center of each blossom. 

So here are the new items you see...



and a few old favorites...




Thank you for stopping by!  Be sure to come back Friday.  I have a special look back project featuring more products from this month's release at Our Daily Bread Designs.  This one will have a whole lotta gold...  Blessings!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...